One of the most exciting ways to connect with your followers and create new ones along the way is by using Facebook Live. Here are some interesting stats that you need to know about Facebook Live:
- Facebook live was launched in 2016 and since then, the search popularity of the term “Facebook live stream” has risen by over 330%.
- Around 2 Billion people have watched Facebook live broadcasts meaning almost everyone present on Facebook has watched a live broadcast till date.
- Facebook users have seen around 5 billion broadcasts since 2016 and guess what? The daily average continues to double year over year.
- People spend 3X more time on Facebook live video as compared to videos that are not live.
What do these stats suggest to you?
Facebook Live is a huge opportunity to connect with your target audience and if you haven’t gone live yet then it’s time you do that sooner.
Facebook Live Is The Perfect Platform For Social Selling
I am fig fan of Facebook live when it comes to social selling via Facebook ads. Nowadays, people don’t buy unless they are 100% convinced that the product they are buying is certainly going to benefit them. This is where Facebook live can come handy esp. when advertising on Social Media.
Niche selling should be your main focus because this is where you can compete with bigger brands. If you are an ecommerce business owner or any other business owner, the first step you need to do is to find a supplier or manufacturer for your product idea. After you have listed the products, the next step is to start selling your products directly on Facebook.
You will need to create a Facebook store where you can sell your products. Here is a great video that takes you through the entire process of setting up your store on Facebook.
Once your store is set up, start going Facebook live to reach your customers. Always remember that directly selling via Facebook live is not necessary, you only need to get your brand in front of your target audience. People should start following your business and they must start liking or responding to your videos. If you are able to drive the attention of your audience then you are surely going to invoke an action because attention leads to action and action leads to sales.
How to Go Live?
Going live is pretty easy!
- If you’re using desktop then login to Facebook and click on the Facebook live video icon as displayed in the below screenshot.
- Facebook will ask for camera permission, allow that.
- Now, choose a privacy setting and provide a compelling description of your video.
- Choose your location, tag people and click on the blue Go Live button to begin broadcasting.
And, that’s it!
Your followers can then react to the video and comment on it.
Similarly, if you are using your phone then open the Facebook app, you’ll see the What’s on your mind status box.
Tap this and you’ll see the option to Go Live. Easy? Isn’t it?
How to Create Engaging Live Videos?
Although creating a live video is a surety of success in itself but there are some factors that highest engagement videos have in common. A study on Facebook sharing motivation conducted by Frac.tl revealed that the primary reason why people share content on Facebook is because they find the content interesting.
Here are some tips that are immensely helpful in generating the maximum engagement from your videos:
- Make sure you have a strong signal before you go live because slow internet connection can lead to a poor user experience.
- Plan your video and decide on the call to action. Do not make the video boring by extending it for too long. Ideal time for live video is around 20-25 minutes. Share lots of actionable tips in the video so that there is something for everyone and end the video on a positive note.
- Test your video by using the self audience option before you go live for the public. While testing, check the light, sound, shaky cam and minimize the background as much as possible. Here, you can also decide the video whether you want to broadcast vertically or horizontally.
- Prepare a catchy description before making your video live. Your audience must understand what your video is all about before they make their mind to watch it.
- Ask your viewers to subscribe to live notifications by tapping on the follow button. Interact with your audience by commenting on the video.
- Experiment with different video types. Andie Swim, a swimwear brand created by women for women experimented with a lot of different live video types on Facebook. The company interviewed their summer intern on his last day, conducted a rapid fire round among their employees, sharing Andie swimwear styles with models etc.
- Don’t forget about the quality of the audio. The audio quality matters the same as the video quality so make sure your audio quality is excellent.
- Keep the things natural and don’t be a dictator. Keep things organic and loose. Also, don’t be afraid to commit mistakes and move into a light-hearted conversation.
- Plan for the failure in advance. Like you can have a backup camera, switcher or encoder so that your video does not ends abruptly.
- Make it as personal as possible and address your followers by their name. Keeping it personal will encourage viral sharing.
- Ask your audience to download an e-guide or whitepaper directly from your blog in your live video (you can discuss this at the end of the video). This will help in boosting your link building efforts.
Some Eminent Content Ideas For Producing Engaging Live Videos
Here are some excellent content ideas for producing your next Facebook live video:
- Host a Q&A session with an influencer.
- Share breaking news related to your industry.
- Produce How To videos providing solutions to customer problems.
- Share behind the scenes (they are extremely popular among the millennials).
- Conduct an interview with an expert.
- Share product announcements.
- Film a first-hand customer testimonial.
- Run games and contests.
- Recap a blog post and share it with your audience.
- Conduct a public poll.
- Share viewer-driven content.
- Undertake a survey and share it’s results.
Facebook Live Success Stories
Let’s have a look at some of the incredible Facebook Live success stories and we will also discuss the common factors that every successful live video has. This will help you to create your own Facebook live video success strategy.
National Geographic “SAFARI LIVE” – Straight From The Jungle
National Geographic streams live from the Jungle. Yes, you can enjoy a live safari sitting at the comfort of your home.
The target audience of National Geographic are people who love jungle and animals. So, with titles like:
- How does a baby Leopard get its spots?
- Hukumuri, a large male Leopard on the hunt.
- What happens when a wild Elephant encounters a roving camera?
- The sausage tree pride. Etc.
National Geographic is able to capture the minds of their audience.
What else do the viewers need?
The below live video was able to 7.5K views, 77 shares and 325 comments till the article was written.
Currently, the live Safari FB channel, posts around 70 live stories a month reaching over one million viewers.
Lisney – Increased 4.5X Viewings On The Pilot Property
Lisney is one of the most trusted property advisors of Ireland.
Lisney was able to increase around 30K organic video views on FB live leading to 4.5X increase in viewsings on the pilot property.
The campaign was titled, “ Live from your new home” and the channel used Facebook Live to share real-time house tours of attractive properties.
The tours were Filmed on a mobile phone and conducted by Lisney’s expert agents.
The viewers were able to take an in-depth look at the shared properties from the comfort of their desktop or mobile.
Have a look at the below screenshot of the live video where Lisney agent is taking the audience to a virtual tour of the house. The video was able to gather around 11K views, 22 shares and 32 comments. Impressive! Isn’t it?
Wishpond – Increased Organic Reach by 300%
Wishpond created Whiteboard styled presentations on content upgrades and shares their live videos on Facebook.
Wishpond was able to drive massive traffic with the help of Facebook live videos. On average, the organic reach of Wishpond’s posts on Facebook was around 500 but the live video’s reach was extraordinary. It generated a reach of around 1500 which was 300% more than the normal reach.
Track The Success of Your Videos
It is important to track the success of your videos and you need nothing more than Google Analytics to uncover all the details you want to optimize your next video.
Everybody wants their business to get noticed in the Facebook News feed and Facebook live videos is an awesome way to generate huge publicity for your business. Use the strategies and tricks described in this article to produce unique and engaging videos that captures the maximum attention of your target audience.
If you’re looking for help with in this area why not visit our dedicated Social Media Ads Agency website to find out how Flow20 can help generate leads from your Facebook campaigns?
Shirish Agarwal is the founder of Flow20 and looks after the PPC and SEO side of things. Shirish also regularly contributes to leading digital marketing publications such as Hubspot, SEMRush, Wordstream and Outbrain. Connect with him on LinkedIn.