Resources to improve your website
Website Redesign Case Study – PC Repair Lab
Website Redesign Case Study – PC Repair Lab (http://www.pcrepairlab.co.uk)
Based in Leicester, PC Repair Lab provides mobile computer repair services to consumers across the UK.
They came to us in enquiring about how our website re-design service can help their business grow and what flow20.com can do to help.
They knew their site was getting traffic since they were using Google AdWords but not getting the expected level of business from their efforts.
Upon a detailed study of their Google Analytics data we determined that the poor performance of the following metrics may be the cause for their concerns:
- PC Repair Lab’s website was getting a reasonable no. of visitors compared to other business of similar size and industry but the website-to-enquiry conversion rates were less than 0.5%
- The website-to-booking conversion rates were around the same mark
- The website had a Bounce Rate (no. of people who left the website from the landing page, without clicking further on any pages) was high, close to 60%.
- Our initial study was useful and helped us understand that it wasn’t lack of visitors that contributed to the low ROI but rather the design and the user-experience of their website which was limiting the ease of use by which website visitors should be able to perform their Critical Actions on their website such as request a quote, make a booking and make an enquiry.
By analysing the data before we started the work, we were able effectively strategize the
design goals and the end-results the new website should deliver. We set out to create a
new website design for them with the following goals in mind
- Strategic and consistent placement of the important Call-to-action’s for the website to improve conversions
- Use relevant graphics and text for the new website visitors to help them instantly identify the website’s value proposition,
- thereby decreasing Bounce Rates
- Relevant enquiry forms to encourage those visitors who weren’t ready to buy to increase lead-generation
- Placement of customer testimonials on homepage to inspire new-visitor trust and confidence
Bounce Rate and Average time spent on site
As you can see from the above graph, Bounce Rates (orange) reduced by approx. 35% and
Average time on site (blue) increased by almost 80%.
Pages per visit and Pageviews
As you can see from the above graph, Pages per visit (orange) increased by almost 45% and Pageviews (blue) increased by a whopping 80%!
The following graphs taken from PC Repair Lab’s Google Analytics account demonstrates the positive impact that the website redesign immediately had, upon launch:
As you can see from the above graph, Bounce Rates (orange) reduced by approx. 35% and Average time on site (blue) increased by almost 80%.